Conditional Formatting to Compare Two Sheets of Data

S

Sengerrm

Hello!

I have a large file of data I have to compare each week it includes dates, statuses etc. What I have now is one excel file with two sheets. I need to highlight what has changed from week to week in Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 is 'This Week'. Sheet 2 is 'Last week'.

Is there a conditional format I can set on Sheet 1 (this week) to highlightwhat has changed from Sheet 2 (Last week)? For example, when a date is changed I want the cell to highlight, or if a cell is filled one week and empty the next. Basically, ANY change needs to be highlighted.

I've spent hours on google trying to find a solution, but have come up withnothing so far. I would greatly appreciate a tip in the right direction! Thanks!

L

lhkittle

Hello!

I have a large file of data I have to compare each week it includes dates, statuses etc. What I have now is one excel file with two sheets. I need to highlight what has changed from week to week in Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 is 'This Week'. Sheet 2 is 'Last week'.

Is there a conditional format I can set on Sheet 1 (this week) to highlight what has changed from Sheet 2 (Last week)? For example, when a date is changed I want the cell to highlight, or if a cell is filled one week and empty the next. Basically, ANY change needs to be highlighted.

I've spent hours on google trying to find a solution, but have come up with nothing so far. I would greatly appreciate a tip in the right direction!Thanks!

See if this helps. For Excel 2010, however right below that it mentions work arounds for earlier versions.

http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2010/09/03/conditional-formatting-from-different-sheet/

Regards,
Howard

Ask a Question