Computer shutting down without warning.

G

The computer at times stops my applications and turns into a blue screen that says A problem as been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. It says Beginning dump of physical memory at the bottom of the screen. This has been occuring quite often as of late.

W

Will Denny

Hi

Could you please post the Stop Code associated with the BSOD? This can help isolate the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| The computer at times stops my applications and turns into a blue screen that says A problem as been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. It says Beginning dump of physical memory at the bottom of the screen. This has been occuring quite often as of late.

G

I have been struggling with the blue screen shut down issue for more than a year on a top-of-the-line Gateway laptop. Piece by piece the whole computer has been replaced and the problem still exists. I found that when I got rid of Norton Anti-virus the blue screens became considerably less frequent, but I am still not happy about it.

Ask a Question