complete uninstall

janice

Using windows XP with SP 3. Had difficulty with computer. Message stated it
was a Roxio problem. So I uninstalled Roxio, but evidently wasn't completely
uninstalled, as when I tried to reinstall, message says "not compatable with
this version of Windows". Roxio told me how to do a complete uninstall, but
it requires changing the register. I know that could be dangerous. My
question is: if I follow their directions and something goes wrong, can I get
unmotified register back under a systerm restore? need to set up a restore
point? Thanks. Janice

db ´¯`·.. >

it is unfortunate that roxio
has not provided a patch or
update to accommodate their
product to sp3.

in any event, you can create a
restore point before modifying
the registry.

the method above will allow
you
to restore the state of the
computer
before altering the registry,
if needed.

the other solution is to
simply
uninstall sp3 via add/remove
programs.

in addition, there is also a
possibility
that a restore point was
created just
before sp3 was installed.

so you may even have the
option
to revert to an sp2 state via
the
system restore feature.

-------------

incidentally, what exactly did
roxio provide you with
regarding
what to alter in the registry?
--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"janice"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Gerry

Rather than stopping with SP2 perhaps it might then be possible to
remove Roxio and update again to SP3.

--

Gerry
~~~~

Gerry

Janice

What version of Roxio is partly uninstalled?

A more complete copy of the Error message might help.

What problem is the partial removal causing. If you only are getting an
error message from a StartUp item this could be removed using Autoruns.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~