Compile errors when upgrading to VS.NET 2003

Ray Wampler

According to the information on the Microsoft web site, code written in
VB.NET 2002 can simply be recompiled using VS.NET 2003. However, I have
found that code which compiles cleanly in VS.Net 2002 gets new compile
errors in VS 2003.

It appears that there are new scope rules in VB.NET 2003. I get "Name not
declared" errors on public functions in public modules. The errors are
fixed by wrapping the module in a name space and then adding an "imports"
for the name space in other modules that reference the public functions.

I've searched the MSDN KB, but could find no reference to language changes
between VB.Net 2002 and 2003. Does anyone have a list of language changes
or differences in compiler switches to would help someone wanting to upgrade
from VS.Net 2002 to VS.Net 2003?

Thanks,

Ray Wampler
Technical Director, 81x.com

Adam Braden

Can you post the repro code? In a simple app I wasn't able to repro what
you described.

Adam Braden, VB Team