COMPILE ERROR IN HIDDEN MODULE:AUTO EXEC

HELP!
WHEN I OPEN WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT THE FOLLOWING WINDOW APPEARS:

MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC

COMPILE ERROR IN HIDDEN MODULE: AUTO EXEC

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS?
THANKS, THE "USER" WHO ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILTY FOR ALL THAT GOES WRONG
WITH MY COMPUTER.

Pat Garard

G'Day DROD,

1. Please do not type in ALL CAPS - we consider that to
be "SHOUTING".

2. You have probably just added some type of "Global Office
Template". This is something that you may have created
yourself, or it may be some "Add-In" that you have downloaded
or purchased. The message is telling you that this "Add-In" has a
problem.

3. Since it affects Word, Excel and Powerpoint, it is, by the sound
of it, an "Office" AddIn.
Pat Garard
Australia

______________________________________

Graham Mayor

No need to SHOUT!

You have an add-in in the Office start-up folder that is probably intended
for an earlier version of Word. The startup folder will be located according
to Office version, but is likely to be either:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP
or
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE\STARTUP
Locate and remove or update the add-in
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you very MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

drod wrote:
> HELP!
> WHEN I OPEN WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT THE FOLLOWING WINDOW APPEARS:
>
> MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC
>
> COMPILE ERROR IN HIDDEN MODULE: AUTO EXEC
>
> HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS?

> THANKS, THE "USER" WHO ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILTY FOR ALL THAT GOES WRONG
> WITH MY COMPUTER.

Dear Graham Mayor
Thank you for your help, it makes my day. Without this, would suffer from stress, it was very irritateable.
By following the this instruction, and it help alot.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP

From PFCOTAVI

Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

Can someone help me resolve this issue? I tried going to the following folders to look for the add-in, however, no files were there:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE\STARTUP

Are there any other suggestions on how to get rid of the error?

Thanks in advance!