Comparing two columns and returning value from another column

S

shanebc1214

I have three columns. A, B, C. A=Client, B= Clients Who use web login, C= Client Status.

Column A & B contain similar client names. I want to compare column A against Column B and if they are in both then return a value in a new column that shows the client name and their Status from Column C.

So if in both A & B then return Value in column D that will show A(Client Name), and C(Their Status).

Ex. Column D Says brown brick company, active

L

lhkittle

I have three columns. A, B, C. A=Client, B= Clients Who use web login, C= Client Status.

Column A & B contain similar client names. I want to compare column A against Column B and if they are in both then return a value in a new column that shows the client name and their Status from Column C.

So if in both A & B then return Value in column D that will show A(Client Name), and C(Their Status).

Ex. Column D Says brown brick company, active

Hi Shane,

Try this.

=IF(A1=B1,A1&" "&C1,"")

You used the word "similar" in reference to the clients names. This formula works only if EXACTLY the same.

Returns a blank cell if not the same, if you want some verbage if NOT the same put it between the ""'s. "Not Active" as an example.

Regards,
Howard

Ask a Question