Comparing 2 workbooks

G

I have a list of users on 2 workbooks. I need to compare the 2 workbooks and
see who is one list and not the other. Because of the size of these lists I
could not do it manually. Is there an automated way I could use to do this
and reproduce it on a monthly basis

Reaction score
I have 2 different Excel sheets with payroll date for two different months. The number of employees may differ in each excel sheet. I want VBA to subtract one excel sheet data from the other giving me results in a third excel sheet for each of the employees

Reaction score
mash9 ! Nice/Interesting VBA Question ...

I am making a hot-key for you...you would press say 'Ctrl+k'
It will assume you are in the current month and will ask you the name of other Month.
It will compare the two months and in a separate sheet it will give you the list of employees which are not in the other month.

Please confirm my understanding before I proceed..

I would need the column-name (A,B or C etc) in which the employee Codes/Names are existing in all monthly payroll files.

Reaction score
Hello Amjibhai.....
I have 2 different months payroll data sheets which can have different employees but has the same number of elements ie columns.
I am looking for a VBA to work out in a different sheet the differences for each employee pay elements. An automated VBA so all I need to do is paste different months excel sheet in the work book. Note each month's payroll data may have new employees added and some employees who leave the company not on the spreadsheets.

Reaction score
OK... Just suppose you have pasted three months Sep, Oct, Nov payroll sheets sheets in your workbook. Now do you want a VBA to list down differences in the fourth sheet? If yes, please elaborate, format?

Ask a Question