Company of Heroes + Warhammer 40k

Reaction score
Bought the above games on Friday CoH special edition with a free copy of Warhammer 40k.

RTS games arn't normally my cup of tea but I thought I would give this game a go.

WOW it's awesome. From the opening campaign when you land on Omaha beach it never let's up.
Tbh I can't play it for too long cuz it's just so hectic and I need a breather after a bit :D

I've not played Warhammer yet so not sure what it's like.

Looking to buy the first 2 Call of Duty games as they looked pretty smart and I fancy maybe doing some online gaming with it.
nod.gif

CoH quite demanding on my machine but it runs pretty well. High on most settings but no Anti-aliasing :(

Reaction score
They are great fun. CoH is a quality game, and Dawn of war quenchs your thrist for alien spacey battles :D.

Have fun! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I love CoH too, one of the few games I've gone back to and played again :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been wondering whether to get CoH cos I really do prefer fps's but it's had so many good reviews.

Decisions, decisions........

Is the gameplay similar to Warcraft 3? Cos I found that quite good albeit a little hard to understand what I was actually supposed to be doing.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I've been wondering whether to get CoH cos I really do prefer fps's but it's had so many good reviews.

Decisions, decisions........

Is the gameplay similar to Warcraft 3? Cos I found that quite good albeit a little hard to understand what I was actually supposed to be doing.

I know its hard floppy, decisions indeed....

It is nothing like Warcraft 3, or C&C, or any other traditional RTS game really. The only 'RTS' element I noticed was the selection of troop and the upgrade weapons/armour/other bits tab. Otherwise its like one big explosion-y movie :D

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
It is nothing like Warcraft 3, or C&C, or any other traditional RTS game really. The only 'RTS' element I noticed was the selection of troop and the upgrade weapons/armour/other bits tab. Otherwise its like one big explosion-y movie :D

Exactly that! :D

I pondered for a bit on this one aswell but after playing it I don't know why :confused:
You must buy this game. Thats an order soldier!
nod.gif

Reaction score
mudfrog said:
Exactly that! :D

I pondered for a bit on this one aswell but after playing it I don't know why :confused:
You must buy this game. Thats an order soldier!
nod.gif

Basically, yes :)

Have you tried the demo floppy? It's about 1 gig-ish download :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll love the Demo flops, it really is a great game that appeals to those not normally interested in RTS's :)

Reaction score
anyhere plays online with CoH??

my UID is 999 so if your in for a game just holler. im still level 1 though :-(

i cant seem to get a rank game started...