Combo Boxes to fill List Box

P

PR

I have a form that I want to place a combo box on it with 2 list boxes: then I want to pick a item from the combo box and display in the first list box all the data items relating to the data item in the combo box, then when the list box has those data items in it, I want to select a data item in that list box, then the 2nd list box returns the data item relating to those in the first list box. Something like this:

Combo_Box List_box_1 List_box_2
1 2.1 2.4.1
2 2.2 2.4.2
3 2.3 2.4.3
4 2.4 2.4.4

So if I click on '2' in Combo_Box, I would see the values in List_box_1, if I click on '2.4', I would see the values in List_box_2

Regards - Paul

M

MacDermott

www.mvps.org/access/forms has an entry on populating a series of comboboxes, each one from the next. The principle would be the same for listboxes.
I have a form that I want to place a combo box on it with 2 list boxes: then I want to pick a item from the combo box and display in the first list box all the data items relating to the data item in the combo box, then when the list box has those data items in it, I want to select a data item in that list box, then the 2nd list box returns the data item relating to those in the first list box. Something like this:

Combo_Box List_box_1 List_box_2
1 2.1 2.4.1
2 2.2 2.4.2
3 2.3 2.4.3
4 2.4 2.4.4

So if I click on '2' in Combo_Box, I would see the values in List_box_1, if I click on '2.4', I would see the values in List_box_2

Regards - Paul

Ask a Question