coloured folders

J

jones

Is it possible to have e.g. different coloured folders and files for diff categories. Would make my life much easier? You can do it on a Mac, but not sure how on a PC.

Thanks in advance
Katherine

G

Gerry

Katherine

Are we discussing the Desktop, Windows Explorer or ? In Windows Explorer
have you checked out the options by right clicking on a folder and selecting
Properties, Customise? A combination of Change Icons and Template might
be what you are looking for.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it possible to have e.g. different coloured folders and files for diff categories. Would make my life much easier? You can do it on a Mac, but not sure how on a PC.

Thanks in advance
Katherine

J

jones

More for the folders and files e.g. I would want the files names for sewing (like "how to sew.doc") highlighted in blue, then I can see them at a glance and know that blue things belong to the sewing group and so on. Also if there are stray doc (or whatever ext.) and I see that they are blue, then I know it goes in the blue sewing folder.

Sorry if I haven't explained it well. When I was using a Mac, eons ago, you could go and colour the files names and folders with different colours for differents groups.

I have so many files all over the place, that I would like to move them by colour, instead of reading the file name over and over.

Thanks
Katherine

Katherine

Are we discussing the Desktop, Windows Explorer or ? In Windows Explorer
have you checked out the options by right clicking on a folder and selecting
Properties, Customise? A combination of Change Icons and Template might
be what you are looking for.

--

Ask a Question