cluster reboot delay

G

I want to say first of all that I'm not sure this is the right newsgroup to the request I'm going to ask to you. I apologize if I was out of matter
The problem is related to the blackouts that happened not long ago. In those circumstances one our customer reported that at the reboot of some Microsoft cluster servers, the cluster nodes were started up before the disk array self-identification software of HP servers, upon which the cluster is build. The result was the self-identification failure by servers of cluster itself, which wasn't then visible, that is, in a few words, it wasn't running. The HP servers disk array self-identification software time of reboot isn't modifiable. So the problem becomes how to make the Microsoft cluster rebooted with a certain delay as to operating system - a W2k Adv. Srv
Is there anybody who could describe to me in detail the procedure inside the cluster configuration I have to follow? Or is it possible to write a script? But in such a case, exactly, technically, how would this script have to be coded? Or is it only possible to delay the entire operating system reboot, and therefore the cluster itself, acting on the timing specified in the boot.ini file? Again, is it possible to use an 'at' prompt command not to start a script, like the one I have been asking about, but to start the software - the services? - implementing the Microsoft cluster itself
If you have any idea how to solve this problem, I pray you to explain to me as much technically and in detail as you could, because I don't really know how to do it
I thank you very much indeed beforehand for all that you'll be able to tell me and I say goodbye to you, hoping in your replies as soon as possible, as well as many as possible
Goodby
Raoul Bertorello

D

David Adner

You can modify c:\boot.ini timeout value to a minute or whatever to
allow your disksubsystem time to bootup.

G

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply in time to Your advices, that have been showed most useful, and, as a matter of fact, resolutive to problem worring our customer. The reason is that I had a week with a lot of work out of seat, where there wasn't possibility to access the Internet. Here it is why I write to Your private e-mail box, besides newsgroup entry: You couldn't read my thanking. So I thank You for Your interest and clearness. Greetings You

Raoul Bertorello

Ask a Question