Clock Syncronization

Terry H.

Is there any way in XP to update clock syncronization on a
more frequent than a weekly basis. I used my computer to
controll precise timed events and the clock drifts to an
intolerable error when not syncronized daily. In Windows
2000 I was able to use a utility that kept my clock
syncronize. Is there such a program or setting for XP?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Change Internet Time Sync Interval v1.1
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_inet_time.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Terry H." (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Is there any way in XP to update clock syncronization on a
| more frequent than a weekly basis. I used my computer to
| controll precise timed events and the clock drifts to an
| intolerable error when not syncronized daily. In Windows
| 2000 I was able to use a utility that kept my clock
| syncronize. Is there such a program or setting for XP?

Pauline Johnson

Is there any way in XP to update clock syncronization on a
more frequent than a weekly basis. I used my computer to
controll precise timed events and the clock drifts to an
intolerable error when not syncronized daily. In Windows
2000 I was able to use a utility that kept my clock
syncronize. Is there such a program or setting for XP?

I use "Dimension 4" instead of the WinXP update.

Get it at:-

http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/index.htm

You can set it to synchronise at any of a large number of servers (or
add your own preferred server) at intervals of any time from 1 second
to 99 hours.

From their web site:-

Commercial users of Dimension 4 v5.0 MUST register by paying US $10
per License. You can also contact our sales department for quantity
discounts (>50), or site licensing terms.

Non-commercial users of Dimension 4 v5.0 can optionally donate US $10
to support further development of Dimension 4, as well as other future
products.

If you choose not to donate US $10, that's OK. But ... Please send us
some email letting us know that you're using Dimension 4. We're always
excited to hear from our users!! :)

Carey Frisch [MVP]

No, all it does is make a registry change.
There is no "spyware" in the utility.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP