Clock reminder

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Don't forget to put your clocks back one hour tonight guys.... unless you have those very obliging radio-controlled jobbies, that is ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Did you know that all radio controlled clocks exert mind manipulation?

It's true.

When you sleep that green and grey building on the south bank by Vauxhall Bridge transmits radio waves that enter your sub-conciousness while you sleep and basically order you to comply.

Comply to what, you ask?

Why, whatever the Clegg & Cameron sisters feel you should comply to.

Obvious innit?

One extra hour which heralds dark, cold, damp days ahead :(

Reaction score
:eek: I don't care I have retired and life is a permanent holiday, only dam dogs wake me up for breakfast and walkies, after the wife has gone to work!!! He He He:confused:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
my mobile now shows the correct time after being wrong for so long. :D

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
my mobile now shows the correct time after being wrong for so long. :D

:wave:

:D Hee hee

I think that goes for my central heating clock as well...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How I love the 1 hour extra sleep :D.

Thanks for the reminder TC!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Cheers for for the reminder Taffycat. Got me an extra 3 hours in bed. Much needed. Got me a rotten cold :(

Reaction score
I really don`t know why we after go through all this every year.It`s a carry over from the 2WW to allow farmers to make hay in the fields,and the land girls. Why can`t we just keep one or the other and leave it at that---so simple.

historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
historian said:
I really don`t know why we after go through all this every year.It`s a carry over from the 2WW to allow farmers to make hay in the fields,and the land girls. Why can`t we just keep one or the other and leave it at that---so simple.

historian

Absolutely agree with you, are there actually any farmers these days who use this timeshift to their advantage?

I somehow doubt it and the whole thing, to me, is a pain.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Was the idea not conceived first by Benjamin Franklin in 1784?

During his time as an American envoy to France, Benjamin Franklin, author of the proverb, "Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise", anonymously published a letter suggesting that Parisians economize on candles by rising earlier to use morning sunlight.[16] This 1784 satire proposed taxing shutters, rationing candles, and waking the public by ringing church bells and firing cannons at sunrise.[17] Franklin did not propose DST; like ancient Rome, 18th-century Europe did not keep precise schedules. However, this soon changed as rail and communication networks came to require a standardization of time unknown in Franklin's day.[18]

Source

Ask a Question