Click on "News" results in folder opening

Wayne Sinclair

I click on "News" in Outlook 2003. Instea of a newsreader, a folder is opened
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033".

Can anyone please assist. Thx.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I click on "News" in Outlook 2003. Instea of a newsreader, a folder is opened
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033".

Can anyone please assist. Thx.

Open Internet Explorer and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs. In the
Newsgroups drop-down, select Outlook Express (or Windows Mail, depending on
your version of Windows). Click OK. Start Outlook Express (or Windows Mail)
and when asked if you want to make it your default mail and news program,
choose No. Close the program. Start Outlook. When it asks if you want to
make it your default mail and news handler, choose No. You should be all set
now.