Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media - It's easy - Just ask Paul Thurrott!


S

Saucy

It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
command.

First install Windows clean with the upgrade disc BUT during the install
routine DO NOT type in the Product Key and DESELECT the Automatically
activate when online checkbox.

Once Windows is installed, do the regedit:

- navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE

- change

MediaBootInstall from "1" to "0".

Then do the commandline:

- At a Cmd Prompt type in:

slmgr /rearm

- then hit Enter

- Close the Cmd Prompt, click any OKs and then reboot.

You can now activate through the System applet found in the Control Panel.

That's it.

Paul Thurrott has it all documented with screen shots on his WinSuperSite:

[Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media - WinSuperSite]
http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp

Saucy
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alias

Saucy said:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline [sic]
command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
S

Saucy

Get a grip Alias. You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows 7 -
have a very robust commandline environment. I say especially Windows 7
because it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad) commandline
shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of the .NET framework [on top
of everything else].

Saucy


Alias said:
Saucy said:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
A

Alias

Saucy said:
Get a grip Alias.

I'm not upset.
You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows
7 - have a very robust commandline [sic] environment. I say especially Windows
7 because it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad)
commandline [sic] shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of the .NET
framework [on top of everything else].

Saucy

Thanks for confirming the lies that Windows doesn't need to use a
command line.

Alias
Alias said:
Saucy said:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan
boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
K

Kevin SmallBone

Alias said:
Saucy said:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye anyway
so it really doesn't matter.
 
A

Alias

Kevin said:
Alias said:
Saucy said:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan
boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7. Please
try to keep up, moron.

Alias
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Saucy

What lies? I'm puzzled. Who in their right mind has ever said that? I've
never heard anyone say one never has to use a command line in Windows, nor
any operating system for that matter. Reread your reply and imagine just how
childish (and even silly) your accusation sounds.

Saucy


Alias said:
Saucy said:
Get a grip Alias.

I'm not upset.
You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows 7 - have a very
robust commandline [sic] environment. I say especially Windows 7 because
it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad) commandline [sic]
shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of the .NET framework [on
top of everything else].

Saucy

Thanks for confirming the lies that Windows doesn't need to use a command
line.

Alias
Alias said:
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
K

Kevin SmallBone

Alias said:
Kevin said:
Alias said:
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7. Please
try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic line
commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is rejected by most
who try it. Try to keep up, moron.
 
K

Kevin SmallBone

Let's talk about line commands in Ubuntu shall we?

https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/basic-commands/C/ar01s03.html#id2549409

Any questions?

Alias said:
Saucy said:
Get a grip Alias.

I'm not upset.
You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows 7 - have a very
robust commandline [sic] environment. I say especially Windows 7 because
it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad) commandline [sic]
shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of the .NET framework [on
top of everything else].

Saucy

Thanks for confirming the lies that Windows doesn't need to use a command
line.

Alias
Alias said:
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan boys
and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
S

Saucy

It is amazing how little one has to actually ever use a command line in
Windows. Most people never have to.

Yet Windows NT systems such as Windows 7 have very robust command line
environments. Do-it-yourselfers can have a field day on Windows. And
especially with Windows 7.

Saucy



Kevin SmallBone said:
Alias said:
Kevin said:
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan
boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7. Please
try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic line
commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is rejected by most
who try it. Try to keep up, moron.
 
A

Alias

Saucy said:
What lies? I'm puzzled. Who in their right mind has ever said that? I've
never heard anyone say one never has to use a command line in Windows,
nor any operating system for that matter. Reread your reply and imagine
just how childish (and even silly) your accusation sounds.

Saucy

LOL! I guess you have Frank and the nymshifter kill filed.

Alias
Alias said:
Saucy said:
Get a grip Alias.

I'm not upset.
You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows 7 - have a
very robust commandline [sic] environment. I say especially Windows 7
because it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad)
commandline [sic] shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of
the .NET framework [on top of everything else].

Saucy

Thanks for confirming the lies that Windows doesn't need to use a
command line.

Alias
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a
commandline [sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line
commands were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the
Windows fan boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alias

Kevin said:
Let's talk about line commands in Ubuntu shall we?

https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/basic-commands/C/ar01s03.html#id2549409

Any questions?

None, I never use them as there is no need. Tell me, hot shot, what's
the GUI to use for converting FAT32 into NTFS?

Alias
Alias said:
Saucy said:
Get a grip Alias.

I'm not upset.
You know very well NT systems - and especially Windows 7 - have a
very robust commandline [sic] environment. I say especially Windows 7
because it arrives equipped with the capable PowerShell (Monad)
commandline [sic] shell out-of-the-box, which enables scripting of
the .NET framework [on top of everything else].

Saucy

Thanks for confirming the lies that Windows doesn't need to use a
command line.

Alias
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a
commandline [sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line
commands were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the
Windows fan boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias
 
A

Alias

Kevin said:
Alias said:
Kevin said:
Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a
commandline [sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line
commands were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the
Windows fan boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7.
Please try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic line
commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is rejected by
most who try it. Try to keep up, moron.

I haven't used a command line in Ubuntu in over two years as there is no
need with Ubuntu. There are GUIs for everything anyone would need.

Alias
 
A

Alias

Saucy said:
It is amazing how little one has to actually ever use a command line in
Windows. Most people never have to.

I used one yesterday to change Acer's lame recovery disk install that
installs XP in FAT32. No GUI in XP to convert FAT32 into NTFS.

With Ubuntu, I haven't had to use a command line in over two years.
Yet Windows NT systems such as Windows 7 have very robust command line
environments. Do-it-yourselfers can have a field day on Windows. And
especially with Windows 7.

Saucy

So Windows is aping Ubuntu with both their GUI and the command line.
Well, we know that Microsoft steals ideas as they don't innovate or
invent *anything*.

Alias
Kevin SmallBone said:
Alias said:
Kevin SmallBone wrote:


Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a
commandline [sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line
commands were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the
Windows fan boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial
Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7.
Please try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic
line commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is rejected
by most who try it. Try to keep up, moron.
 
K

Kevin SmallBone

Alias said:
I used one yesterday to change Acer's lame recovery disk install that
installs XP in FAT32. No GUI in XP to convert FAT32 into NTFS.

With Ubuntu, I haven't had to use a command line in over two years.

Of course you haven't had to use a line command. You don't do anything with
Ubuntu so there is no need.
 
K

Kevin SmallBone

Alias said:
Kevin said:
Alias said:
Kevin SmallBone wrote:


Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a commandline
[sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line commands
were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the Windows fan
boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye bye
anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7. Please
try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic line
commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is rejected by most
who try it. Try to keep up, moron.

I haven't used a command line in Ubuntu in over two years as there is no
need with Ubuntu. There are GUIs for everything anyone would need.

Alias
BULLSHIT.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alias

Kevin said:
Of course you haven't had to use a line command. You don't do anything
with Ubuntu so there is no need.

You are not here. You are not looking over my shoulder. You don't have a
****ing clue as to what I do with my computer yet you lie and lamely
claim you do.

Alias
 
A

Alias

Kevin said:
Alias said:
Kevin said:
Kevin SmallBone wrote:


Saucy wrote:
It's easy - and you need install Windows only once.

Basically two little things one must do - a regedit and a
commandline [sic] command.

What!? Use a *command* *line*? I thought cryptic command line
commands were only for Linux. Oh well, there goes another of the
Windows fan boys and girls' arguments right out the proverbial
Windows.

Alias

Cryptic line commands are for Linux retards. Linux is going bye
bye anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Um, the OP was talking about cryptic command lines for Windows 7.
Please try to keep up, moron.

Alias

They were talking about activation. With Ubuntu, you need cryptic
line commands to configure everything. That is why Ubuntu is
rejected by most who try it. Try to keep up, moron.

I haven't used a command line in Ubuntu in over two years as there is
no need with Ubuntu. There are GUIs for everything anyone would need.

Alias
BULLSHIT.

Really? Name one thing an average computer user would need a line
command for. You can't and won't.

Alias
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Saucy

Oh please, don't be so childish. No, Windows is not aping anything at all.
Windows has a command line environment, the latest rendition of NT (Windows
7) has a particularly robust command line capabilities. Do other operating
systems employ shells? Yes. UNIX is well known for its dependency on the
command line, Apple's OSes also employ command line shells. The near
innumerable Linux variants and distros employ shells / code libraries / etc.
etc. . So what? Did you think it was going to be punch cards forever?

Does Microsoft innovate? Sure they do. Does anyone invent anything from
scratch in the IT industry? Depends how one looks at it. You can't have an
electronic computer unless someone has discovered electricity and learned
how to manipulate it, can one? Things tend to be innovated on top of
previous achievements. That goes for all of 'em. No VLSI before MSI.

They [Microsoft] have hundreds maybe thousands of programmers. Microsoft
even invented a programming language and had it certified by ECMA. And when
it comes to command line shells, they created Monad - which hooks command
line commands and scripting into the .NET Framework.

To say they [Microsoft] don't innovate is as silly as your other statement
about never using the command line in Windows. It's one of these catch all
slogans that mean nothing: 'used as a tool to manipulate the emotions of
people who haven't thought things through.

Saucy
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top