Choice and thanks!

Reaction score
Covenant said:
Did you hear that thud - it was me falling from my high horse.

But in my defense, I took your post as it was written.

Covenant

Thats OK don`t worry;) I did do what I said but the guy is very helpfull in that respect no damage done to the HS/FAN`s I am very careful I build to last, have never had any returned during the warranty period>:user:

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Apologies that I "bit".

I help out at a small computer firm who have made their reputation through the quality of their work and friendly helpful service, so I get to see life from "the other side of the counter".
Unfortunately, not all customers are as considerate as yourself. One recent example - we ordered a motherboard in for one customer , who returned it a week later complaining that it didn't work. He became a bit abusive when I said he would have to wait for his money until I had tested the board.
Because I had a shop full of customers I refunded the money and only later managed to check the board out.
I discovered the cretin had managed to break a pin off the cpu leaving it completely jammed in the socket. The result - we are out of pocket by £85 'cause we can't even send the board back for replacement.
Another chap came in and started threatening us with trading standards if we didn't refund the money on his printer 'cause it was printing banded in photos. I actually drove 18 miles round trip in my own time to pick up the cartridges (which he'd removed and refused to return) just so I could test the printer. I later took great satisfaction in showing him how to set the printer software settings correctly instead of leaving him leaving them on default text only and expecting perfect colour prints.
Sometimes I can understand why PC World operete in the way they do!

Cheers

Covenant.

Ask a Question