China opens anti-spam website

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wow, that should cut down spam by 50% ... now if we could just get the USA to do the same ... ;)

No, I'm not joking. :p

BEIJING, June 18 (Xinhua) -- Spam senders will be blacklisted on an anti-spam website opened here Monday by the Internet Society of China (ISC) .

The comprehensive anti-spam processing platform (www.iscbl.anti-spam.cn) will post a regularly updated blacklist of spam servers, allowing telecom operators and mail service providers to access the information.

Over 100,000 IP addresses have been blacklisted thanks to public reports, said Zhao Zhiguo, vice-director of the telecommunications department of the Ministry of Information Industry.

A "white list" of mail service providers will also be posted on the website, boosting the development of lawful mail service providers, such as the country's big players Sina, 163 and Sohu.

ISC Secretary-General Huang Chengqing said the website will gradually open to the public and businesses to accelerate anti-spam efforts domestically and internationally.

The ISC found from surveys that commercial ads related to online shopping, online business and adult shops accounted for the largest proportion of junk mail, and that users got particularly hot under the collar about spam containing viruses. The ISC also disclosed 906 IP addresses that sent quite a number of spam to Chinese users between March 2006 and May 2007, and urged them to take rectification measures before July 18.

Editor: Yan Liang
:thumb:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-06/18/content_6259623.htm

:user:

Ask a Question