Changed security settings error

Reaction score
Hi,
I found the following problem with FBRESEAL:
I built an embedded image, ran the FBA just before the reseal phase where I stopped it and did some manual configuration. My image supports two logical drives: "C:" where the Windows system resides, and "D" where public user data is located. I set the access rights of the user data directory on drive "D:" to "full access" for all users.
Afterwards I resealed the image with "FBRESEAL -autologon -keepuser -keepnet -keepall -keepdomain -keepmounted" and got the image for cloning. After having copied the cloning image to the deployment HDD and having run the FBA again for cloning I found the FBA only kept the access rights of drive "C:", but reset my user access rights of drive "D:" to default settings. I had to set the access rights of drive "D:" again manually. I was told that this is a known error of the FBA cloning phase. Is there any workaround to make the FBA keep the security settings of ALL drives after the reseal and cloning phase?

skagway095

Ask a Question