Change Sign In account for calendar subscriptions

J

James

I am running Outlook 2007 in Vista and am trying to subscribe to a Calendar invitation email. Once I click subscribe, the windows "connecting to web server" pops up, and then the "Sign In" window, with the "Enter your user name and password to download:" message.

The user account and password listed in the Sign In window is from an old email account which has since been deactivated, yet I am unable to sign in with the new account. How do I remove this old account, and set up the current account to be able to accept the Calendar subscription?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

J

James

No, this is an account on a shared internal network. The Calendar is published online, but the invitations are sent via email and are updated via out intranet.

J

James

Thanks! That really worked for removing the old account! I genuflect for thee! :)

I do have another issue, now with accepting the published calendar. When I try to publish the calendar to send the invitation, I get the whole "upload to calendar failed. The next upload attempt occurs with the next send/receive. There was a problem uploading the file to the server."

Needless to say, I did the send/receive, and nothing. I then went to Tools > Account Setting > Published Calendars > Change Account but then I get this message: "The Microsoft online registration page cannot be accessed. You must first register before you can publish calendars to Office online."

Any idea?

J

James

Ok, new change. Thanks for bearing with me :d

I am able to send subscriptions now, but when I click to accept, it asks for a user name a password. After entering the password for the subscribing account (twice), I get the error message:

"Cannot verify or add the calendar to outlook. make sure the following link is a valid calendar link:"

When I click on the link, I get taken to MS Office Online where a page says that the web page is unavailable. Could this be a server problem causing all this?

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Yes, it could be. Check it again tomorrow. (It's working ok for me tonight
but I might be hitting a different server.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

J

James

Apparently it isn't a server issue, as I am able to view the calendar without a problem from another computer. When trying to subscribe on mine, I still get the same message asking me for a user name and password, and then whether I fill it in or not, I get: "Cannot verify or add the calendar to outlook. Make sure the following link is a valid calendar link:"

Is there a way to either send a subscription without a password being needed, or disabling this annoying password window at the receiving end of outlook?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Ask a Question