Change in File size

Khalil Handal

Hi,
One workbook has 4 sheets size of file is approxiamtly 1 MB
after erasing 3 sheets and saving the size of file with one sheet (tables-1
left) is 744 KB only
I then copy that sheet (tables-1) to another workbook that has other sheets
the size of the whole workbook was only 490 KB.

Is there a reason for this?
Actually this happens a lot with me. When I copy on sheet from one open
workbook to another open workbook the size of the file copyed to goes up to
3 times larger in size. Can any one help ?

Craig Coope

Hi,
One workbook has 4 sheets size of file is approxiamtly 1 MB
after erasing 3 sheets and saving the size of file with one sheet (tables-1
left) is 744 KB only
I then copy that sheet (tables-1) to another workbook that has other sheets
the size of the whole workbook was only 490 KB.

Is there a reason for this?
Actually this happens a lot with me. When I copy on sheet from one open
workbook to another open workbook the size of the file copyed to goes up to
3 times larger in size. Can any one help ?

I myself have just noticed something like this. Actually I have not
been copying from sheet to sheet but I have just finished a sheet with
a few forms and it was about 700k when done...but now when I look it
is about 440k on a different machine...I'm very confused...at first I
thought it was the unfinished version!

Jim Cone

This may help...
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused