    I'd like to change it (obvioulsy ?!) to either general or numbers.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Michael

    Redbourn, Dec 9, 2010

  2. Redbourn

    Gord Dibben Guest

    2007 new workbook/new worksheet default cell format is General.

    Are you speaking of an existing workbook/sheet?

    One sheet or all sheets?

    Perhaps someone has altered the default by creating a BOOK.XLT or SHEET.XLT in
    your XLSTART folder?

    What happens when you CTRL + a to select all cells then format them as General.

    Does this format stick?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Dec 9, 2010

  3. Redbourn

    Redbourn Guest

    On Dec 9, 6:21 pm, Gord Dibben <> wrote:
    > 2007 new workbook/new worksheet default cell format is General.
    >
    > Are you speaking of an existing workbook/sheet?
    >
    > One sheet or all sheets?
    >
    > Perhaps someone has altered the default by creating a BOOK.XLT or SHEET.XLT in
    > your XLSTART folder?
    >
    > What happens when you CTRL + a to select all cells then format them as General.
    >
    > Does this format stick?
    >
    > Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP
    >
    > On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 02:14:17 -0800 (PST), Redbourn <> wrote:
    > >Hi,

    > >Whatever I enter in at the moment displays as a date until I change
    > >the format manually.

    > >I'd like to change it (obvioulsy ?!) to either general or numbers.

    > >Any help would be much appreciated.

    > >Michael

    Thanks for the quick and helpful reply ;-)

    >2007 new workbook/new worksheet default cell format is General.

    Are you speaking of an existing workbook/sheet?

    Existing.

    One sheet or all sheets?

    All

    Perhaps someone has altered the default by creating a BOOK.XLT or
    SHEET.XLT in
    your XLSTART folder?

    I'm the only user.

    What happens when you CTRL + a to select all cells then format them as
    General.

    Does this format stick?

    Yes,

    Michael

    Redbourn, Dec 9, 2010
  4. Redbourn

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Suggest you do that for all sheets in the workbook then save.

    I don't know how all formatting go changed to Date but that should clear it up.

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Dec 9, 2010
  5. Redbourn

    Redbourn Guest

    On Dec 10, 12:19 am, Gord Dibben <> wrote:
    > Suggest you do that for all sheets in the workbook then save.
    >
    > I don't know how all formatting go changed to Date but that should clear it up.
    >
    > Gord
    >
    > On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:02:30 -0800 (PST), Redbourn <> wrote:
    > >Perhaps someone has altered the default by creating a BOOK.XLT or
    > >SHEET.XLT in
    > >your XLSTART folder?

    > >I'm the only user.

    > >What happens when you CTRL + a to select all cells then format them as
    > >General.

    > >Does this format stick?

    > >Yes,

    I will do that for future sheets but it seems like I will have to
    change the "format" every time I make an additon to an existing page.

    Thank you all for your help,

    Michael

    Redbourn, Dec 12, 2010