Change Color of Desktop Font ?

How do I change the color of the desktop font? (the ones that are on the
desktop under the icons on the main screen)

Blake said:
How do I change the color of the desktop font? (the ones that are on the
desktop under the icons on the main screen)

Right click on the desktop ,click properties, click appearance tab, click
advanced, click Item, select Icon

Ken Blake, MVP

ManyBeers said:
Right click on the desktop ,click properties, click appearance tab,
click advanced, click Item, select Icon

No, although you can change many things there, you can't change the font
color that way. If the desktop is dark, you get a white font. If it's light,
you get a black font.

Ken Blake, MVP

kenny said:
I like proving MVPs wrong.. its a kind of hobby of mine.

Nope, you didn't prove me wrong at all.

windowFX from stardock can do this, but its not free

That's fine. I didn't say it couldn't be done. I said "you can't change the
font color that way." I was responding to ManyBeers post, which wasn't
correct.

kenny

ok... but you didn't provide a solution either...

If you who are an mvp says that one option does not work, and does not
give another solution, one might suspect that there is no other solution.

This desktop icon color thing has been discussed many times on the
newsgroups... no MVP even mentions windowsFX as a possible solution,
and many say its not possible.
"Not possible" is a phrase I am allergic to, especially coming from people
with good knowledge of technology. Nevertheless, perhaps in the future
someone
who is Google group searching, will find this information useful.

Kenny

NormanHeyen

There is a freeware program called Iconoid found at
http://www.sillysot.com/ that allows you to change the color of the
fonts.

kenny said:
ok... but you didn't provide a solution either...

I didn't know one. Although it would be better to provide a correct
solution, there's also value in pointing out that a particular solution
won't work.

If you who are an mvp says that one option does not work, and does not
give another solution, one might suspect that there is no other
solution.

OK, that's a fair statement and I''ll accept it. It's true that I was
focusing more on his wrong answer, and wanted to make sure it wasn't
believed than any possibility of a better answer (which, as I said, I didn't
really know). I had heard of third-party software which can do this, but I
didn't remember (if I ever knew) its name, and certainly didn't have any
experience with it. I'm always reluctant to recommend third-party software I
haven't used myself.

This desktop icon color thing has been discussed many times on the
newsgroups... no MVP even mentions windowsFX as a possible solution,
and many say its not possible.
"Not possible" is a phrase I am allergic to, especially coming from
people with good knowledge of technology.
Nevertheless, perhaps in
the future someone
who is Google group searching, will find this information useful.

Yes. Thanks for posting it.

David Candy

The answer is right. You are wrong. FX is not part of windows.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
kenny said:
I like proving MVPs wrong.. its a kind of hobby of mine.

windowFX from stardock can do this, but its not free

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

kenny

i never said it was...
please read the entire thread

kenny said:
I like proving MVPs wrong.. its a kind of hobby of mine.

windowFX from stardock can do this, but its not free

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

kenny

this can change the colors of the fonts but you have to disable the
shadows....

Can you have the shadows and the changed color?

WindowFX by stardock can have different colors and shadows.