Centering the whole site

G

I keep my site constrained to 640 wide so nobody ever has to scroll sideways and I use the shared borders command in FP. I can get my site centered on the screen if I manually build a shared borders page with one table inside of another table, but I can't find a way to center the whole page on the screen if I use the FP shared borders capability. Is there a way to center the entire contents of a shared border page?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

When you use shared border FP builds tables out of your page
For the Left/Right ones it creates columns for:
LeftSB | Spacer | Main Page | Spacer | Right SB
- where Spacer is a 24 px empty cell (unchangeable)

If you create your Left shared border as a right aligned table, and your Main page content as a Left (or Center if also using a
Right shared border) aligned table, your page should be centered.
You need to account for the 24 px Spacer cells, and the total combined width of your shared border pages as well as your main page
when designing for a final screen size

PS
IMHO at this stage just design for 800x600 minimum screen sizes (about 750 px wide total)
--

| I keep my site constrained to 640 wide so nobody ever has to scroll sideways and I use the shared borders command in FP. I can get
my site centered on the screen if I manually build a shared borders page with one table inside of another table, but I can't find a
way to center the whole page on the screen if I use the FP shared borders capability. Is there a way to center the entire contents
of a shared border page?

G

I am using FP2002. I have created a table in the "left.htm" file. The whole file is right justified and the table is right justified, to no effect. When I do it manually, I just set the whole page, including the borders, inside of one centered table. Any futher hints from anyone?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Use the FP Include Page component instead of shared borders.

Insert a main table with two columns, the left to hold your navigation (include page) and the right
for your content.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

John said:
I am using FP2002. I have created a table in the "left.htm" file. The whole file is right
justified and the table is right justified, to no effect. When I do it manually, I just set the
whole page, including the borders, inside of one centered table. Any futher hints from anyone?

Ask a Question