CD-RW

How do I save document/s to cd-rw . Then retrieve, update document, and
save to cd-rw again . like to floppy disk.

Is there special software that I need, or can this be done with Word/MSWorks
software.

Do I need to format CD-RW to enable RW feature? How would I do this?

Brenda Francisco

Newt Ownsquare

Unlike Windows XP, there's no native software for burning files in Windows 2000.
If you have a CD drive that's a writer, then it should have come with some
software to do basically what you're asking about. It's generally referred to as
packet writing and its a very unstable routine in most cases (data seems to
disappear every so often and the discs cannot be used on another system unless
it has the same brand of software).

What software to you have for this?

--
Hope this helps,
Newt

| How do I save document/s to cd-rw . Then retrieve, update document, and
| save to cd-rw again . like to floppy disk.
|
| Is there special software that I need, or can this be done with Word/MSWorks
| software.
|
| Do I need to format CD-RW to enable RW feature? How would I do this?
|

| Brenda Francisco

nesredep egrob

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:57:27 -0800, Brenda Francisco <Brenda
How do I save document/s to cd-rw . Then retrieve, update document, and
save to cd-rw again . like to floppy disk.

If that is what you want you need Roxio for that or even Nero will do it. One or
the other, you cannot have the two on the same computer.
If you are going to use that system you need to have the program format the CD
for you - then that disk will work just like a large floppie
Is there special software that I need, or can this be done with Word/MSWorks
software.

Do I need to format CD-RW to enable RW feature? How would I do this?

Brenda Francisco

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

Steve Parry [MVP]

Brenda said:
How do I save document/s to cd-rw . Then retrieve, update document, and
save to cd-rw again . like to floppy disk.

Is there special software that I need, or can this be done with
Word/MSWorks software.

Do I need to format CD-RW to enable RW feature? How would I do this?

Brenda Francisco

http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up.php

Look at Nero, in particular InCD

Newt Ownsquare

Borge,

Nero and Roxio can coexist on the same system with no problems at all. It's
their optional packet writing programs that conflict. The trick is to installed
only one or better yet, neither of these optional applets.

For what the OP wants to do, the use of a USB Portable Flash Drive would be the
way to go..

--
Hope this helps,
Newt