Windows XP cd/dvd backup software, ANY HELP???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I DO NOT CONDONE COPYRIGHT AND I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH ANYONE WHO DOES... THIS IS PURELY TO BACKUP ONE DVD, SOMETHING WHICH BY LAW IT IS WITHIN EVERYONES RIGHT, PROVIDING THEY OWN THE DVD THEY ARE BACKING UP- I HAVE OBTAINED THIS INFORMATION OFF THE POLICE COPYRIGHT WEBSITE.

THE DISC IN QUESTION IS MADE BY SONY PICTURES, AND I HAVE TRIED ALL THE OTHER SOFTWARE OUT THERE, DVDFAB, DVD SHRINK, DVD DECRYPTOR, AMAZON DVD SHRINKER, NONE OF WHICH ARE ABLE TO COPY THIS DISC

I KNOW THIS IS DOWN TO THE EXTRA COPYRIGHT SOFTWARE IMPRINTED ON THE SONY DISC..THEY ALL COME UP WITH CYCLE REDUNDANCY ERROR, OR INVALID FILE FORMAT...

NO I KNOW THIS CAN BE DONE, AS I HAVE MANAGED TO BACKUP ALL MY OTHER SONY DISCS, I.E.HITCH BUT I RECENTLY LOST A LOT OF SOFTWARE OFF MY COMPUTER DUE TO A VIRUS...

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF ANYONE HAS ANY SOFTWARE OR SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM,

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE......

I DON NOT CONDONE COPYRIGHT

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Try *deleted until I check legality of what your trying to do* - deals with Sony ARccOS copy-protection :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think you have answered your question already. If it's copyrighted it's done for a reason.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
From what I can see, and regardless of what I personally think, it is currently illegal under UK law to copy copyrighted material without the permission of the owner, even for back-up purposes - regardless of the fact it would be unlikely you would be prosecuted in these circumstances.

Perhaps you could show me the link to the police site you refer to so I can check :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think you need a new keyboard ... the one you have is faulty. ;)

When making bold statements ... "I have obtained this information off the Police website" ... it is usually customary to provide a link ... can you?

Quote:
Offences
A person commits an offence who carries out
the following without the permission of the
copyright owner:

making unauthorised copies e.g. burning films onto
DVD-Rs;

• distributing, selling or hiring out unauthorised copies
of DVDs;
• on a larger scale, distributing unauthorised copies
as a commercial enterprise, e.g. uploading films and
making them widely available on the internet, using
a company’s computer system;
• whilst not dealing commercially, distributing
unauthorised copies on such a scale as to have an
impact on the copyright owner’s business;
• possessing unauthorised copies with a view to
distributing, selling or hiring these to other people.
NB: It must be demonstrated that an individual
handling unauthorised copies knew, or had reason to
believe, that they are illegal copies, before an offence
has been committed.

On a personal note, Sony do not get any 'custom' from me, and I'll do my best to change your mind and supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question