CD burning and Langa List

dadiOH

Colonel said:
Hello, All!

Someone who tried a number of freeware burn apps and was not
satisfied is looking for help. They wrote to Langa and the article is
at http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2005/2005-01-24.htm#1

Maybe someone here can help him?

Saw that. Considering the number of apps he tried and which wouldn't
work for him my best guess is user error. Possibly coupled with messed
up computer.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Iain Cheyne

dadiOH said:
Saw that. Considering the number of apps he tried and which wouldn't
work for him my best guess is user error. Possibly coupled with messed
up computer.

I already sent him a link to the relevant Pricelesswarehome section. Maybe
Fred will mention it?

Colonel Blip

Hello, dadiOH!
You wrote on Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:28:07 -0500:

d> Colonel Blip wrote:
??>> Hello, All!
d> Saw that. Considering the number of apps he tried and which wouldn't
d> work for him my best guess is user error. Possibly coupled with messed
d> up computer.

May fit me too. <g> I have DeepBurner, Nero Express and CDBurnerXP and all
seem to work fine on CD but DVD's are a bit problematic. I seem to have ok
performance from only DeepBurner, but even it lets me down once in a while.

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

domsters

i had downloaded the pl2005 cd from alt.binaries freeware,
and nero would not burn the iso.
said it was'nt a valid nero disc image!
thank the stars for freeware and this group because
cdburnerxp handled it easily!
my 2 cents.

harsha godavari

domsters said:
i had downloaded the pl2005 cd from alt.binaries freeware,
and nero would not burn the iso. said it was'nt a valid nero disc
image! thank the stars for freeware and this group because cdburnerxp
handled it easily!
my 2 cents.

I have used Nero on an LG 50x(IDE) and a Plextor 4x (SCSI) to burn the
PL2005.iso . The cds turned out fine. No problem.

Might I enquire whether you chose the file type (drop down menu) to be
and *.iso?

Regards
hg.

domsters

harsha said:
I have used Nero on an LG 50x(IDE) and a Plextor 4x (SCSI) to burn the
PL2005.iso . The cds turned out fine. No problem.

Might I enquire whether you chose the file type (drop down menu) to be
and *.iso?

Regards
hg.
Thanks for the nudge!

I tried again,it seems the file was named "pl2005cdiso".

which cdburnerxp had no problems with,and xp recognized as an .iso

file.By changing the name to "pl2005cd.iso"

Nero then let me burn it!

Thanks again for the interest.

Domsters

M.L.

Someone who tried a number of freeware burn apps and was not satisfied
is
looking for help. They wrote to Langa and the article is at
http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2005/2005-01-24.htm#1

Maybe someone here can help him?
d> Saw that. Considering the number of apps he tried and which wouldn't
d> work for him my best guess is user error. Possibly coupled with messed
d> up computer.

May fit me too. <g> I have DeepBurner, Nero Express and CDBurnerXP and all
seem to work fine on CD but DVD's are a bit problematic. I seem to have ok
performance from only DeepBurner, but even it lets me down once in a while.

My brother got a Maddog cdrw for Christmas but it was not recognized
by Nero Express (which came with the CDRW!!). However, CDBurnerXP Pro
recognized it instantly.

Another issue with CD burning is the quality of the blank CDs. I've
had success using one brand of CD when another brand wouldn't burn.
This is worth a try when getting inconsistent results. Note: I found
the Sony brand of CDs to give coasters more often than some cheaper
brands such as Imation.

Colonel Blip

Hello, M.L.!
You wrote on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:25:49 -0600:

Interesting about your brother. In my case, similar problem with MadDog and
Express; but I found DeepBurner to work best with my model.