CConnect.exe file not in web site?????

G

hi
i was going through discussion group on windows 2000 networking and got this useful utility info named: Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 and it's exe file named: CConnect.exe. well, then i tried to get this exe bur there is no link that goes for this file. as such i have searched the microsoft site also using the keyword

CConnect.exe ,Q237282 , kbhowto kbpolicy KB237282, KB237282 etc but to no result

is it that this exe file is out of date or is it temporarry out of this site

pls help me out

re
ake

S

Steven L Umbach

You would need the Windows 2000 Resource Kit for that utility. Keep in mind that
cconect requires the use of a sql server on the network and a client component to
work. --- Steve

aken said:
hi,
i was going through discussion group on windows 2000 networking and got this
useful utility info named: Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000
and Windows NT 4.0 and it's exe file named: CConnect.exe. well, then i tried to get
this exe bur there is no link that goes for this file. as such i have searched the
microsoft site also using the keywords

G

hi
i think then that i will have to get or purcahse win 2000 resource kit. as we dont have it, i thought that net is the solution. anyhow, let me get the resouce kit

as such, you mentioned abt the SQL. is it that sql needs to be loaded both in server and clients? or just the server. we have SQL but have not installed yet. pls clearify me

by the way, can i get this exe file from the net

ake

S

Steven L Umbach

The following links should help. I tried to set it up once, but I don't have a sql
server on my network so I did not try any further. There is a client part of cconnect
that needs to be installed on each computer. There is also a third party utility
listed in the second link. --- Steve

http://www.tburke.net/info/reskittools/topics/cconnect.htm
http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips331.shtml

aken said:
hi,
i think then that i will have to get or purcahse win 2000 resource kit. as we
dont have it, i thought that net is the solution. anyhow, let me get the resouce kit.
as such, you mentioned abt the SQL. is it that sql needs to be loaded both in
server and clients? or just the server. we have SQL but have not installed yet. pls
clearify me.

Ask a Question