Case Feet

Reaction score
Hey,

I am wanting to raise the height of my case feet so i can make them taller, they are the type that 'click' into the hole at the bottom of the case.

How can one do this?

If not, do you know anywhere i can get some new feet, around an inch - inch an a half would do.

Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Use a 1"x1" piece of wood ... I'm a Scot you know. ;)

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea, as my feet are 'circled shaped' do you think id be better cutting 1x1 circle wood?

Also, what do you think would be the best way to attach it?

Thanks

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think that a block of 2x1 about the width of the case and pop a 3/4" screw through the holes that the current feet are attatched to, you may need some washers to stop the head beeing pulled through

Reaction score
Sorry for not explaining, i couldn't do that because i would have no gap. You see, i am going to be fitting a laser under the case. A lil' idea i had :D

Reaction score
Well I think you should be able to order feet anywhere and they would fit..... but it you want to go low tech, use the clear plastic scoops from Iced Tea containers, fill with a hot glue gun, place them where they need to go,lift the computer and set the existing feet in the cups of hot glue. The weight of the case alone should hold them in place until the glue dries. Once dry those should be fairly sturdy. And add a little glue to the scoop handles for added support.

Make sure you wash the plastic very well...the tea tends to stain and leave a funny color.

Last edited:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm not sure where to get your feet, but i'd love to here more about the lazer you're planning!!!

Ask a Question