Can't Un-check AutoComplete Forms

D

Daddy

XP Home SP 2

I don't want to use the AutoComplete feature of Internet Explorer 7. In the "Use AutoComplete for" section there is a checkmark next to Forms that I cannot un-check because it is greyed. How can I un-check Forms?

Thanks for your help.

Daddy

D

Daddy

Here is the solution I discovered. It involves editing the registry, so you need to be VERY careful.

1- Close Internet Explorer.

2- Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel

3- In the details (right-hand side) pane, if the value for FormSuggest is 1, change it to 0 (zero)

4- Quit Registry Editor

After doing this I opened Internet Explorer and went to Tools - Internet Options - Content - AutoComplete Settings. The Forms checkbox was no longer greyed, so I could remove the checkmark. Phew!

Daddy

XP Home SP 2

I don't want to use the AutoComplete feature of Internet Explorer 7. In the "Use AutoComplete for" section there is a checkmark next to Forms that I cannot un-check because it is greyed. How can I un-check Forms?

Thanks for your help.

Daddy

D

Daddy

I wish I knew! Probably something I did at one time or another.

I did have a problem a few months back where AutoComplete kept on prompting me to save form information even though I always answered 'No' and put a checkmark in 'Don't ask me again.' Maybe it's related to that.

Daddy

Ask a Question