Can't See Attachment in Outlook 2002

When I send a Word 98 attachment to Eudora mail messages from my Macintosh to someone running Outlook 2002 the attachment doesn't show. (Other recipients have no problem seeing and using the attachment.) In other words, there is no "paper clip" indicating an attachment.

The mail message contains only 2-3 lines of plain text but Outlook says that the message is 30-40K so I assume that the attachment is there somewhere and that the MIME boundaries are not being coded/decoded correctly. Interestingly, when I view the message Properties it says that there are "included file(s)"...what does that mean?

Thanks in advance

- nell

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Pleasev visit the following link for further information on outlook
security, whihc would give you the option to customize the same

http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ork/xp/four/outg03.htm

--------------------
====From: "=?Utf-8?B?TmVsbG8gTHVjY2hlc2k=?="
<[email protected]>
====Subject: Can't See Attachment in Outlook 2002
====Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:36:02 -0700
====Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
====
====When I send a Word 98 attachment to Eudora mail messages from my
Macintosh to someone running Outlook 2002 the attachment doesn't show.
(Other recipients have no problem seeing and using the attachment.) In
other words, there is no "paper clip" indicating an attachment.

The mail message contains only 2-3 lines of plain text but Outlook says
that the message is 30-40K so I assume that the attachment is there
somewhere and that the MIME boundaries are not being coded/decoded
correctly. Interestingly, when I view the message Properties it says that
there are "included file(s)"...what does that mean?

Thanks in advance.

- nello

====

===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===

I guess that I should have mentioned that the attachment uses 8.3 naming convention and that the file extension is ".doc"...why would this be caught by security considerations

- nello