can't open front page using Juno Speedband

G

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem? I cannot get Front Page to work with Juno Speedband. I can surf the internet fine using Juno Speedband. (I have provided the following description of Juno Speedband to assist you in your assessment)

Juno Speedband connects you to a "proxy service network" which sits between you and the Internet. By using a combination of compression, strategic caching, and connection management it enables your browser or email program to deliver content at a much faster rate. When you request a web page, for instance, the installed software sends the request to the proxy service. The proxy service goes and gets the page, compresses it and send a smaller version to your computer. The software caches (stores) the page on your system and keeps it updated for even faster retrieval the next time you visit. In many cases the most popular web sites are stored at the proxy server for faster downloads
Juno SpeedBand may not be compatible with proxy based software or services such as content filters or firewalls

The Juno Settings shows under Exceptions
Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with
18;64.136.29.30;64.136.21.30;64.136.29.34;127.0.0.1;localhost;*windowsupdate.microsoft.com
*windowsupdate.com;*wustat.windows.com;*.nyc.office.juno.com;*.corp.netzero.net;*.kbb.com
*.flipdog.com;*.pogo.com;*test-speed.co

See Following
As I mentioned, I have no problems surfing the internet, however when I try to use Front Page, I get the following message
The server couldn't log you on, because you are connecting through
proxy server but the server's authentication scheme do not work
across
proxy. Try adding the server to the exceptions box on proxy
setting
dialog, or request the server administrator to enable anothe
authentication scheme.

IAs you can see, I've tried to include as much info. as I could find to help in determining howto fix this problem
Thank you for a response
Traci

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Contact Juno
FP uses port 80 to publish and they will have to tell you the proxy server settings to bypass their proxy

--

| Can you please tell me how to fix this problem? I cannot get Front Page to work with Juno Speedband. I can surf the internet
fine using Juno Speedband. (I have provided the following description of Juno Speedband to assist you in your assessment):
|
| Juno Speedband connects you to a "proxy service network" which sits between you and the Internet. By using a combination of
compression, strategic caching, and connection management it enables your browser or email program to deliver content at a much
faster rate. When you request a web page, for instance, the installed software sends the request to the proxy service. The proxy
service goes and gets the page, compresses it and send a smaller version to your computer. The software caches (stores) the page on
your system and keeps it updated for even faster retrieval the next time you visit. In many cases the most popular web sites are
stored at the proxy server for faster downloads.
| Juno SpeedBand may not be compatible with proxy based software or services such as content filters or firewalls.
|
| The Juno Settings shows under Exceptions:
| Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with:
| 18;64.136.29.30;64.136.21.30;64.136.29.34;127.0.0.1;localhost;*windowsupdate.microsoft.com;
| *windowsupdate.com;*wustat.windows.com;*.nyc.office.juno.com;*.corp.netzero.net;*.kbb.com;
| *.flipdog.com;*.pogo.com;*test-speed.com
|
| See Following:
| As I mentioned, I have no problems surfing the internet, however when I try to use Front Page, I get the following message:
| The server couldn't log you on, because you are connecting through
| > a
| > proxy server but the server's authentication scheme do not work
| > across a
| > proxy. Try adding the server to the exceptions box on proxy
| > settings
| > dialog, or request the server administrator to enable another
| > authentication scheme."
|
| IAs you can see, I've tried to include as much info. as I could find to help in determining howto fix this problem?
| Thank you for a response.
| Tracie
|

Ask a Question