Can't make Office outlook send messages...just receives.

Can't send from outlook, but do receive

Five messages have been in my outbox for a week. I've pushed every button I
can find! Incoming arrives, outbox stays as is no matter how many times I
hit "send". The green progress indicator gets to half way and stops. Been
using Outlook Express for years on my desktop and loved it. My new Dell,
with Office, is driving me up the wall. Have to retype in Verizon.net and
send. Bob

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Do you get any errors? Send failures are usually the result of
authentication problems- go to tools, accounts, select the account, click
change then More settings, outgoing server tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Can't send from outlook, but do receive" <Can't send from outlook, but do
news:[email protected]...

plh

Five messages have been in my outbox for a week. I've pushed every button I
can find! Incoming arrives, outbox stays as is no matter how many times I
hit "send". The green progress indicator gets to half way and stops. Been
using Outlook Express for years on my desktop and loved it. My new Dell,
with Office, is driving me up the wall. Have to retype in Verizon.net and
send. Bob

Check your settings under Tool>Options>Mail Setup>Email Accounts. You should see
your Verizon account listed.
If Not:
I am stumped on this one.
If So:
Highlight it (your account listing) & click the "Change" command button
immediately above. Under "Server Information" see "Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
IIRC from when I had Verizon it should say "outgoing.verizon.net" or something
like that but in any case get in touch with Verizon tech support & see what it
should say. If it needs no correction then I am stumped on this one. If it does
need correction that should fix your problem.
-plh