Can't Logon to Incoming MSN Server in Outlook 2003

Send/Rec in Outlook 2003 Using MSN Email

I'm running Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Standard) on Windows XP. I'm trying to
send/receive emails on an MSN paid account (which uses Hotmail). When I add
the email account in Outlook, and then test the account settings, I get back
TWO errors:

1) No response from send server. Verify port and SSL info is correct.
2) Could not logon to incoming server.

I know my username and password are correct because they work just fine when
I logon to the MSN website. The insturctions for the setup of email accounts
say I should use SPA, and I have tried that. But it doesn't work either way.
HELP!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What type of account do you have se up? are you using the outlook connector or HTTP protocol?

Send/Rec in Outlook 2 wrote on Thu, 04 December 2008 16:28

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Send/Rec in Outlook 2003 Using MSN Email" <Send/Rec in Outlook 2003 Using
MSN (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
I'm running Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Standard) on Windows XP. I'm trying
send/receive emails on an MSN paid account (which uses Hotmail). When I
add
the email account in Outlook, and then test the account settings, I get
back
TWO errors:

If it's an MSN paid account, are you using POP/SMTP to access the mail
server?