Can't login multiple computers from home...

John Riddle

Hello,

I have our office network set up so that users can login and work from home
via VPN (PPTP). There are no problems and many users login simultaneously.
However, at my own home I have 4 PC's. My workstation is in my office and I do
a lot of work from there. I also have a laptop that I use while watching TV in
the living room or in another room I have an HTPC with Windows Media Center
using a 50" plasma display (not really relevant), but my point is that if my
office workstation is connected via VPN to the office network, I cannot
connect any of my other PC's unless I disconnect the office workstation first.
There are obviously times when I'm in the living room or else where in the
house and simply want to check my email really quickly and do not want to run
to the office to disconnect my workstation there first.

Is there a setting or something else I can do so that I can have multiple PC's
connected via VPN to the office network at once? I've tried logging using the
Administrator credentials one the fist and my personal credentials on the
second and this does not work. All PC's are behind a NAT router/firewall at
home so the RAS server is seeing them all as coming from the same IP. I really
don't want to put any of the machines in the DMZ.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Robert L [MS-MVP]

this may help,

routing issues on vpn Can't access the internal server when remote client establishes VPN Can't access the Internet while using VPN Can't access the remote network after ...
www.chicagotech.net/routingissuesonvpn.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"John Riddle" <jriddleatsignwilsongroupnyperiodcom> wrote in message Hello,

[...]

Bill Grant

This could be a limitation of your NAT router. Some will only allow one
VPN connection to be made through them. RRAS has a built-in NAT editor to
allow multiple VPN connections.

John Riddle

I don't think that this is the case. I've simply opened the necessary ports
and the connection is made from the client directly to the RRAS server. I'm
not using VPN pass-through or anything like that.

Thanks,

John

This could be a limitation of your NAT router. Some will only allow one
VPN connection to be made through them. RRAS has a built-in NAT editor to
allow multiple VPN connections.

Bill Grant

I meant the NAT router on your home network.