Can't listen MP3 from our web site

Thomas A. Rowe

Where are the mp3s, inside or outside the firewall ?

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe

If they are inside of your firewall, it will not be possible for folks on
the outside to access them or any file for that matter. You can try to
create a virtual directory that is shared by both sides of the firewall.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Gillies

We wan't to share MP3 courses and audio material on our web site. Problem
is users can't listen to the MP3 when they click on the mp3 links. They get
an error message stating... Windows Media player can't connect to the
server. Server down or busy. Everthing else is working just fine on this
multiple webs server. We are behind a firewall. Port 80 opened. Funny,
users on the internal LAN can access and listen to those MP3 easily. What
did I miss ?

TIA

Gillies

Vocátional© & Technicál© Educátion®

Im interested in learing how to connect my PC to my Stereo Reciever in order
to play my digital music through my stereo.

I am assuming that i would need a sound card that has this capability, but
is there any good advice on how to do this or a good tutorial online that
might help me with this?
-------------------------------------
I just connected my line-out jack on the sound card to the aux-in
connections on the receiver. Had to use an adapter to go from the 1/8"
stereo jack on the sound card to the jacks on the stereo, but Radio Shack
carries just such an adapter.

Of course, your sound card needs to have a line-out jack, the most recent
card I bought didn't have one. Not sure what would happen if you connected
to the stereo with a speaker-out jack on the card, but I don't think I'd do
it. Line-out carries standard line-level voltages/amplitude, but the
speaker-out voltage/amplitude is controled by the volume adjustment, which
would likely be able to push things too hard and could damage the aux-in on
the receiver.
-------------------------------------
Newer soundblasters and other soundcards have a S/PDIF out. You can take a
minijack plug and run it via one RCA cable to your digital-in on your
stereo, if it has one. This is the easiest way to run digital out to your
stereo.

More advanced cards have Toslink plugs, which you can run a fiber optic
cable to your stereo with. This is obviously the more expensive option,
depending how close your computer is to your stereo.

It is worth it though, there is a noticable difference in quality from
analog to digital out, and if your stereo can decode DTS and Dolby Digital
all the better.
-------------------------------------
Best regards - Vocátional© & Technicál© Educátion® -
VoTecEdu at MSN Dot Com - (e-mail address removed) -
Cooking Crawfish & Alligators in New Orleans...
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.nola.com/

* New! Eliminate pop-up ads, Spy Ware and Home Page Hi-jacks*
http://toolbar.google.com/
-------------------------------------

Gillies

Inside.

"Thomas A. Rowe wrote in message
Where are the mp3s, inside or outside the firewall ?

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Gillies

Thomas thanks for your reply.

The website is inside the firewall and port 80 is opened on the firewall
(Firewall1) so the public can access the site without any problem. The only
glitch occurs when one wants to listen to MP3 online... an error message
stating... Windows Media player can't connect to the
server. Server down or busy. Everything else on the site is working. Any
idea ?

TIA