can't get clock to come up

Mike Stantz

Hello,

I have a very strange problem. I have a very big GPO with many
restrictions, and here is what is happening.

Goal: I do not want to hide the clock in the notification area

User1 is in an OU where a GPO is applied. Policy to hide clock is Not
Defined.

What's happening: User1 can log into CitrixServer1 and clock shows up
as expected. User1 logs into CitrixServer2 and it his hidden. User1
logs in locally to CitrixServer2 from console and clock shows up.

So at this point I think - must be a setting in computer policy. So I
disabled the Computer part of the GPO completely. Same results.

So I tried to force it. Set the user GPO for "Hide Clock" to DISABLED,
to force it on. No difference.

I am stumped. Does anyone have any ideas? Oh, I also ran the GPO
Resultant set of Policies query for User1 against CitrixServer1 and
searched for keyword "clock" in the entire results. The proper results
are found.

I've troubleshot many GPO issues before but this one has me absolutely
stumped. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Simon Geary

Have you tried running a gpresult /v when the problem occurs? This should at least help track down what policy is causing the issue.
[...]

No I haven't, since I have been using the Resultant GoP tool.

When I try to run gpresult (I just tried it now) I get a "this
application failed to start because franedyn.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

This is a 2003 server. Maybe there's some critical component wrong
here, as I have had other application funkiness on this box (seemingly
unrelated, but.).

Thanks,

_____

From: Simon Geary [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:31 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
Conversation: can't get clock to come up
Subject: Re: can't get clock to come up