can't get back to my origninal administrator account

G

i renamed my original ADMINISTRATOR (referred as 1) account to a name of my choice thru local security policy. but i by mistake also created an account with administrator(2) priviliges. now i don want the newly created account(referred as 2). can i delete (2) since when i log in as administartor(1) i cannot delete the admin level user(2) since it says i need to have an account with admin privilges to delete this account(2). its unneccesarily lying there and my admin (1) is not showing in the log-on screen forcing me to use the classic logon. BTW i have winXP pro

G

check with user accounts i sent them something U could try they have the same basic proble

----- zeus wrote: ----

i renamed my original ADMINISTRATOR (referred as 1) account to a name of my choice thru local security policy. but i by mistake also created an account with administrator(2) priviliges. now i don want the newly created account(referred as 2). can i delete (2) since when i log in as administartor(1) i cannot delete the admin level user(2) since it says i need to have an account with admin privilges to delete this account(2). its unneccesarily lying there and my admin (1) is not showing in the log-on screen forcing me to use the classic logon. BTW i have winXP pro

G

din know what happened but i actually went to manage (right click on my computer) and from went straight to users where all the users were listed. simply deleted that account and lo! it doesn't show up anymore in controlpanel>user accounts or in the logon screen.

Ask a Question