administrator account problems

G

i created a new user account on xp professional, and gave it administrator privigiliges. now i cant log in to the built in Administrator account (XP default), i can see the account in the local user groups from system properties but the name administrator doesnt come up on the login or welcome screen. help ! i have some documents in administrator account, in the folder documents and settings, i cant have acces to now!! what shud i do to log in to administrator or access the administrator documents. i have other user accounts with admin priviliges.

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

For XP Pro, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no other users logged on. You'll see the older style logon dialog. Enter Administrator and any password that you may have set for that account.

To enable the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, visit my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. Follow the link for Enable Administrator Account ......

Ask a Question