From: "Paul Howes" <[email protected]>
Subject: Cant delete network Printer?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:31:49 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

I have a Win2k workstation that has a printer installed for all users. The
printer is shown as :

HPDeskjet 910c Y4 1 on Workstation2

I'm guessing it must have been set-up using the PrintUIEntry command. This
printer no longer exists on the network so I want to remove it for all users
that will log on. So far I have been unable to remove it. I have tried the
following commands with no success:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /gd /n"\\Workstation2 \HPDeskjet 910c Y4
1"
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n"\\Workstation2 \HPDeskjet 910c Y4
1"

There must be a way to forcefully remove this printer surely??
--

Paul,

Check to see if the printer is listed under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers as a sub-key. If it is try
removing it from here, you may want to export the sub-key as a backup before removing it.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Paul Howes

CheerZ.......I will try and search registry for it when im next there.