Windows XP Can't back up my DVDs

Reaction score
Ok I purchased Phantom of the Opera. I wanted to make a copy of it to preserve the original since my family are terrible at taking care of dvds.
None of my programs are burning it properly.
I normally use DVD shrink which works soo eaily. That didn't work due to copywrite protection, so I used DVD decrypter. It ripped the file fine, but couldn't burn it because it was over 6gbs (one of the flaws of the program). So i then used DVD shrink again to compress and write. It analysed the entire file just fine and I watched it at 24x in the preview pane. Then next step it burned it, and that disk won't play in anything. Not my DVD player; not even recognised on my pc.
What is going on?? How do I get around RCE copyright.
I tried Deamon tools, and I have to say that software is really confusing, any suggestions??

Reaction score
RCE protection is nothing more then Region Code protection. DVD Shrink has an option to remove regional information so the disc works pretty much anywhere. If that doesnt work, try setting the region specifically (however, the previous solution should have worked, if it was the region code at all).

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=141681

Googled by...

- Zhoul

Reaction score
just asking and it sounds reallllly noobish lol ...

but if i was to buy a DVD recorder... can that still copy cd's ???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
just asking and it sounds reallllly noobish lol ...

but if i was to buy a DVD recorder... can that still copy cd's ???
Yes ... DVD R/RW will copy CDs

;)

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report I got it all sorted. I uninstalled and reinstalled both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I used DVD decrypter and ripped the file, this made a 6.2GB File. Then Saved that file and opened it up with DVD Shrink and did an enhansed analyzation. It takes about 45 min to annalyse, almost 2 hours to finaly burn, But it makes flawless copies this way, I mean FLAWLESS, I have menus, extras, and bonus materials. Its an exact duplicate of the original. Allowing me to safely archive the original and enjoy the copy.

Reaction score
I use DVD-Decrypter to get the files to my Hard Drive, and then DVD2ONE to get the files shrunken down to fit onto a standard DVD-R (remove other language subtitles etc) then Nero Vision Express to get those files to DVD.

Usually works a treat. Legitimate copies of your own DVD's that aren't the originals so won't get scratched!!

Mucks - some of the early DVD-RWs didn't write to CD.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I use software that is far better than shrink or dvd decrypter, i stopped using those particular pieces of software about a year ago....

2 Hours to burn a dvd is taking the **ss thats why i stopped using them, also shrink Pixelates populated and CGI films terribly. I decode and burn a full movie in around 11 minutes start to finish...

Also dvd decrypter isn't supported anymore as sony pulled the plug about a month ago due to piracy issues concerning Playstation games....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use DVD Shrink 3.1 and Nero Video Express.

DVD Shrink switches to Nero after it's encrypted and disk is burnt.

So it's basically a one click operation, takes about 45 mins to one hour.

Perfect 'back-ups' complete disk content or main movie only, my choice.

Only probs I ever had have been with cheap media.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I use software that is far better than shrink or dvd decrypter, i stopped using those particular pieces of software about a year ago....

2 Hours to burn a dvd is taking the **ss thats why i stopped using them, also shrink Pixelates populated and CGI films terribly. I decode and burn a full movie in around 11 minutes start to finish...

Also dvd decrypter isn't supported anymore as sony pulled the plug about a month ago due to piracy issues concerning Playstation games....
So, what software do you use?

Ask a Question