Canon iP4000 Problem

Reaction score
I have a Canon iP4000 that has suddenly started acting strangely. At first, it would not stay "ON". Whenever I press the power button, it turns green for a second and then goes off. Once I try to turn it on one time, it won't even attempt to come on again until I unplug the AC cord for a few minutes and plug it back in. Then it does the same thing. I did, however, get it to come on and stay on for a couple of minutes, don't know how exactly, but when I tried to print a test page, only the color Windows logo printed, none of the black text printed. So I performed a head cleaning, and the black cartridge (not the photo black) would not print. Then the printer cut off. After a while I got it back on again, but it shut off again before I could get anything working. I tried removing the printer in control panel and re-installing it, in case it was a driver error, but it didn't help.

A couple of weeks ago we had some problems with a power transformer on the pole outside that was causing the voltage in about 5 or 6 houses on my block to spike up to ~150 volts at times. We got that fixed, but I have to wonder if it boinked my power supply. I removed it, opened the case, but everything looked OK, especially the filter caps, so I put it all back together. I have read about the part of the printer that collects the ink used in the cleaning process, and it sounds like once that gets "full", the printer might stop working. Could that be my problem? Thanks in advance for any help!

David

BTW I'm new here, please be gentle! :blush:

Ask a Question