canon i960

chuck clark

Hi,
I just replaced my lexmark z55 with the canon i960. I am impressed
with the printer so far.
I do have some questions about the colors it prints though. I am
comparing prints i made with
my lexmark with the canon, and the canon prints seem really washed out.
These are not necessarily
photographs but sometimes solid colors.
I have tried printing from photoshop cs (which is where i normally do
all my work) and also from
various other programs. All give about the same print and similar colors.
For example, reds (like in coke logo, or american flag) print out as
an orangey red(mostly orange).

I have been reading quite a bit about color management between devices
like my display and printer
and have set up my color settings in photoshop to be 'US PrePress
Defaults' and have set the
'proof colors' to be the canon i960.

Proofing colors gives a pretty good representation of what the print
actually looks like, so i feel
like i calibrated my display correctly.

So my question really is, Is this correct? My lexmark prints seem to
almost glow and the canon
just rather dull. So i can never produce a nice red with the canon, for
example?

Thanks so much,
Chuck

GeoSd

That is very strange as I have the i865 and the colour and prints are
excellent..! maybe you should try paint shop pro 8 or Canon's
easy-photoprint..

BF

Go to manual mode in the drivers and correct with
the sliders C,M,Y,BL until you get it where it is
correct. Save it as a new profile.
Then you can fine tweak from there and save
additional profiles until you are totally happy.

..