Canon empty ink warning

Arthur Entlich

Are you sure you attributed the quote below correctly? It seems to me
Stick Stickus has been suggesting refilling at Cartridge World, and it
doesn't fit that he would make such a statement as attributed to him/her...

In fact that quote sounds amazing like our group troll... Messup, or
whatever he is calling himself these days (I have him filtered out so I
never see his ridiculous postings unless he changes his address, and
that usually takes all of a day to figure out because he is like a
broken CD, repeating the same thing continually.

Art

TJ

It is better to have a spare Canon ink cart so you so not have the mess.

If you use a straw because you can't master drinking from a cup, or if
you wear slip-on or velcro-fastener shoes because you can't master tying
shoelaces, then I would agree. But for people with normal motor skills,
there need not be any mess.

TJ

measekite

Arthur said:
Are you sure you attributed the quote below correctly? It seems to me
Stick Stickus has been suggesting refilling at Cartridge World, and it
doesn't fit that he would make such a statement as attributed to
him/her...

In fact that quote sounds amazing like our group troll.
No it sounds like a pompous know it all controll freak.

measekite

TJ said:
If you use a straw because you can't master drinking from a cup, or if
you wear slip-on Now is that over nylons too.
or velcro-fastener shoes because you can't master tying shoelaces,
then I would agree. But for people with normal motor skills, there
need not be any mess.

TJ

Stick Stickus

Thank you Art,
You are quite right the last section of that quote was not made by me, it
was altered.
As a user of my local Cartridge World. I have always used them to refill my
cartridges. I have for the last 5 years used Canon printers. At present I am
using an iP4500 and an MP610. I have found, as I was told by the assistant
in the shop that " when my cartridges are filled by them, they also reset
the chip, so that I lose NONE OF THE FUNCTIONS of the cartridge or printer"
I still get the ink levels and all the warnings as you do when buying new
cartridges. On top of that I get better ink quality, better fade resistance
and I save money. I also take into account that by refilling I am helping
with recycling. I have no wish to be another one who adds to the 40 million
cartridges that go into landfill in the UK each year.
If trolls and idiots think themselves clever by changing other peoples
posting then I feel sorry for them for it shows how sad and little they are.
Stick

DanG

Stick Stickus said:
[...]

How many fills are you getting per tank, and at what cost? In my experience,
Canon tanks can get clogged up after 5-6 fills.
I have a Cartridge World here, was just wondering what they charge.

Burt

TJ said:
I don't have any experience with a Canon, but if I understand what I read
here you don't have to wait until the cartridge is empty to refill it. If
you know it's been a while since the carts were refilled, and you know
you're going to be doing a big print job, why not just refill them first?
Then you'll know they won't run out on you.

TJ

Right! It is so easy to check these ink levels visually as the carts are
clear. Checking all the carts in a six color printer take me less than 30
seconds, and I do this before running lots of prints. No great hardship in
exchange for saving10-12 dollars US per cart by refilling.

measekite

Stick Stickus wrote:

Thank you Art, You are quite right the last section of that quote was not made by me, it was altered. As a user of my local Cartridge World. I have always used them to refill my cartridges. I have for the last 5 years used Canon printers. At present I am using an iP4500

Since you are using non Canon ink then you do not have a 100% Canon IP4500 as designed by Canon engineers since the ink is part of the design of the printer.  It is even included in the box.  You have a hybrid printer.

and an MP610. I have found, as I was told by the assistant in the shop that " when my cartridges are filled by them, they also reset the chip, so that I lose NONE OF THE FUNCTIONS of the cartridge or printer" I still get the ink levels and all the warnings as you do when buying new cartridges. On top of that I get better ink quality, better fade resistance and I save money. I also take into account that by refilling I am helping with recycling. I have no wish to be another one who adds to the 40 million cartridges that go into landfill in the UK each year. If trolls and idiots

you mean the aftermukit ink users.

think themselves clever by changing other peoples posting then I feel sorry for them for it shows how sad and little they are. Stick "Arthur Entlich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ygVyj.38810$w94.15968@pd7urf2no...

Are you sure you attributed the quote below correctly? It seems to me Stick Stickus has been suggesting refilling at Cartridge World, and it doesn't fit that he would make such a statement as attributed to him/her... In fact that quote sounds amazing like our group troll... Messup, or whatever he is calling himself these days (I have him filtered out so I never see his ridiculous postings unless he changes his address, and that usually takes all of a day to figure out because he is like a broken CD, repeating the same thing continually. Art [email protected] wrote:

Stick Stickus wrote: "When the ink monitor is disabled you lose ALL its functions including the empty warning.If you have your carts refilled at Cartridge World you will no longer get the quality that Canon engineers designed into the printer. In essence it will no longer be a Canon printer.": Well, my guess is that Stick Stickus works for Canon. Above is just a load of crap. Resetting the chip restores the cartridge just like it was a new Canon cart. I have used refills for years on Epson and Canon pro printers (current is Pro9000) and there is NO difference in the prints. Canon and Epson are deceiving users with their dire warnings. If they charged a reasonable price for their ink, folks would buy them, but no, they have to be greedy just like the oil companies.

measekite

DanG wrote:

"Stick Stickus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

[...]

one.  just the Canon ink that comes inside.  The cost is about $9.00 a cart.

, and at what cost? In my experience, Canon tanks can get clogged up after 5-6 fills.

I have just one fill.  Never clogs.

I have a Cartridge World here, was just wondering what they charge.

Stick Stickus

So far I have had one set refilled 9 times with NO PROBLEMS (caps for our
resident trol 'Measershite').
I get mine done at Cartridge World Oxford. Costs are £6 for PG-5 and £5 each
for the Cli-8's. Plus I get full warranty on both the refils and the printer
so I have nothing to lose.
Stick

cdhanks

? In my experience,Canontanks can get clogged up after 5-6 fills.I
have just one fill.  Never clogs.I have a Cartridge World here, was
just wondering what they charge.

Tanks don't get clogged, printheads do, but if you do a cleaning once
in a while you won't have that problem.

Burt

? In my experience,Canontanks can get clogged up after 5-6 fills.I
have just one fill. Never clogs.I have a Cartridge World here, was
just wondering what they charge.

Tanks don't get clogged, printheads do, but if you do a cleaning once
in a while you won't have that problem.

After several refills, Canon carts can have dried ink in critical areas
diminish ink flow. These carts can be backflushed and restored to like-new
function for more refills. Look up the Nifty-Stuff Forum, sign in, and read
the thread on purging the BCI-6 cart. Also works on BCI-3ebk and the newer
chipped carts. Yes, CD - these carts do clog after several refills.