cannot send email

qg

Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79--
qg

Gary VanderMolen

The error indicates a problem with the recipient's email address.
Does this happen regardless of which recipient you are sending to?
What happens when you send a test email to yourself?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"qg" wrote in message
Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79--
qg

qg

Thank you Gary for your help! After deleting the message I was able to send
messages again. Your post was very Helpful!

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)