Cannot save file; disk is full

G

Started in Photoshop saving a <1mb .jpg file and got a "cannot save file, disk is full" error. Problem is, that disk (C) has 5GB free on it. Tried to save on D, and that was okay. BUT, the next file I tried to save, 2 minutes later, also <1MB, got the "disk full" error again. My D drive also has 5GB free. Tried to save it to an external Zip... it saved! Next file (same size) "disk full" again! So I shut down Photoshop and looked in explorer. Sure enough, it reads a newly formatted 100mb (don't gimme no guff, it still works!) Zip reads as 92.4mb used, 3.33 free... with no files on it. Funny thing is, Explorer sees my C and D drives normally (but I still can't save to them.

System (old mule...):
1.4GHz Athelon
1+GB SDRAM
128MB Radeon 9000 Pro
64MB Soundblaster Live!
Windows 2000 (of course)
And a partridge in a pear tree.

Thanks for any help you can offer... the MS site, Google and Adobe yielded nothing.

J

John John

What file system are you using and how many files do you have in the
destination folder? If you are using FAT32 the maximum number of files
in a folder 65,534, but that will be reduced considerably if you use
long filenames, I've seen it top out at less than 23,000 files. There
is also a maximum file size of 4GB on FAT32, although you didn't mention
that you are trying to save such a large file...

John

G

The file folder has only 16 files totalling 120mb. But that was only the first instance... after that, I tried saving it to multiple drives and new file folders with no success. Once it saves a single image to disc, it won't save another. Thanks for responding, John.

-Greg

G

Greg

We have recently seen an issue with Veritas's Open File manager causing - disk is full errors

If you are using Backup Exec and have the open file agent installed please go to Veritas to get an update

The following web site has the latest version of the VSP file from Veritas
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264490.ht

Hope this helps

Lowell Allen III - MSFT

Ask a Question