Cannot ping/reach even number IP addresses!!!

Frank

Hello.

Hoping someone can help me with this problem, as it's driving me insane!

I have a Windows 2000 SBS Premium Server. Running as a DC with DNS.

It has no problem accessing the LAN on the same subnet, however, it can only see (ping, telnet, etc) even numbered IP addresses on other subnets. Example:

Server address: 10.1.109.5 mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 10.1.109.1

It can ping: 10.1.111.10, 10.1.111.12, 10.1.111.14

It cannot ping: 10.1.111.9, 10.1.111.11, 10.1.111.13

All other PC's on the 10.1.109.0 subnet can ping any address on the other subnet. IE: The LAN works fine, this is the only PC with a problem.

The pings to the odd numbered IP addresses just time out. These odd number PC's also cannot ping the server.

Doing a trace shows that the ping reaches the router, but nothing else.

Anyone got any ideas??? I'm at a complete loss.

Regards,
Frustrated Frank.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

"Frank" <frank2003AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote in message
[...]

=========================

I would try a different network adapter on the server.

Frank

I would try a different network adapter on the server.

Actually, kind of already tried that.

The PC actually has two physical adapters installed, Intel Pro 1000 onboard cards.

I actually had this problem before using one of the cards, but never worked out how I fixed it. Currently, the two cards belong to a Team running in Switch Fault Tolerance mode, and was working perfectly until this weekend.

From what I can gather, someone hopped onto the LAN with a laptop configured with the same IP as the server, (yes, I will have words with said laptop owner later). This obviously caused some grief at the time, and the server has been re-booted since. Now I have this painful IP problem.

As I said, I'm at a loss.

Frank.