Cannot open bmp files

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone can help, but here goes...

For some reason I cant open bmp files anymore and also I am not able to view thumbnails.

Is there any software which I can download, and if yes, which is best.

Also, has anyone looked at making this site mobile friendly? I have a LG Viewty and can access the site, but it doesn't allow me to add a thread, or view threads easily. I tink you may get more help off people if this is enabled?

Cheers
Aaron

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you hold down SHIFT and right click on a BMP file, then select "open with" and choose the MS Paint option. This should let you open the BMP file and also provide an option to use as the default viewer. What happens when you try to open a BMP file at the moment?

I'm not sure if I could make the site work on some mobiles without some complex coding, but it does work on the latest nokia's and iphone quite well. I know that's not much help with your LG phone, but hopefully it means it should work well on the next gen of phones :thumb:

Reaction score
If you don't mind installing the .net framework Paint.net from MS site is a more versatlie version.

Reaction score
This didn't work. I already tried it.
When I go to open a file nothing happens... Egg timer for about 5 seconds, then nothing.

Might give the Paint.net a go.

Any other ideas welcome.

Ask a Question