Cannot find OUTBOUND MX Records for domain

nomadfootwear

Hi All,

We have recently migrated to a new server SBS 2003, using Microsoft
Exchange as email server. We encountered outgoing mail error when
sending emails to China bouncing back after emails sending out. We can
receive emails from China, but can't send to them. Please advise,
thank you. Lisa

Message Error:

Subject: Mail delivery failed

A message that you have sent could not be delivered to one or more
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed:

: Cannot find OUTBOUND MX Records for domain (public.qz.fj.cn)

Included is a copy of the message header:
Subject: MISSING STYLE#
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:16:54 -0700
From: "Lily Chen" <[email protected]>
To: "MILLER LIN" <[email protected]>

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Hi All,

We have recently migrated to a new server SBS 2003, using Microsoft
Exchange as email server. We encountered outgoing mail error when
sending emails to China bouncing back after emails sending out. We
can receive emails from China, but can't send to them. Please advise,
thank you. Lisa

Message Error:

A message that you have sent could not be delivered to one or more
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed:

Can you do, nslookup -qtype=mx public.qz.fj.cn <internalDNSIP>

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
Hi All,

We have recently migrated to a new server SBS 2003,

You might consider posting in a more relevant group - try
microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs and you will find a lot of SBS-specific
help, as well as Exchange/mail. Also, you'd be best off not using Google
Groups (I use 'em only for reference) but use a news client - OE, Forte
Agent, whatever - and news.microsoft.com as your NNTP server, to make life
easier.
using Microsoft
Exchange as email server. We encountered outgoing mail error when
sending emails to China bouncing back after emails sending out. We
can receive emails from China, but can't send to them. Please advise,
thank you. Lisa

public.qz.fj.cn doesn't seem to exist. However, qz.fj.cn does....and it has
no MX records. Can you resolve the domain names you're having trouble with
by pinging them from inside your network? Are you getting this problem
sending to *all* .cn domains? What do you have in your DNS forwarders?

I did a lookup of nomadfootwear.com at www.dnsreport.com - it doesn't look
like you're hosting your own mail in Exchange 2003, (which I suggest you
rectify if at all possible). What are you actually using for mail? Also,
there are a few odds and ends listed there that may indicate some problems
to correct. How do you send out mail? Smarthost?

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:16:54 -0700
From: "Lily Chen" <[email protected]>
To: "MILLER LIN" <[email protected]>

Top