Cannot display Add-in Macro list without going to VBA/Project

Oliver Gilbert

In Excel 2007, I have made an Add-In (.xlam) which contains several
Subroutines.
This Add-in is in my Add-In folder, hence loads fine when Excel
launches.
However, I cannot display the Add-Ins macros, e.g. with View | Macros,
unless I:

a) go to Developer | View Code
b) expand AND DISPLAY the Modules under the Project Explorer window
for this Add-In
c) then, finally, find the Macro list in Tools | Macros or Run | Run
Macro

Is there any way to make the Add-In Macro (Sub) list visible from the
regular Excel View menu?

Jim Cone

The subs will NOT display if...
Option Private Module is specified in the module
The code is not in a regular/standard module
If the subs are private as in... Private Sub NameOfSub
If the subs have arguments as in... Sub NameOfSub(ByRef lngStuff as Long)

--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Oliver Gilbert" <[email protected]>
wrote in message

GS

Oliver Gilbert explained on 8/23/2011 :
In Excel 2007, I have made an Add-In (.xlam) which contains several
Subroutines.
This Add-in is in my Add-In folder, hence loads fine when Excel
launches.
However, I cannot display the Add-Ins macros, e.g. with View | Macros,
unless I:

a) go to Developer | View Code
b) expand AND DISPLAY the Modules under the Project Explorer window
for this Add-In
c) then, finally, find the Macro list in Tools | Macros or Run | Run
Macro

Is there any way to make the Add-In Macro (Sub) list visible from the
regular Excel View menu?

XLA[M] macros do not show in the macros dialog. This has always been
the case. If your file is XLS[M], the macros will show in the macros
dialog.

GS

Forgot to mention...

Usually, addins create their own toolbars/menus to run their macros.

GS

Jim Cone expressed precisely :
Garry,
Good point.
Should mention that Functions from add-ins will appear in the function list
(fx) unless made private.
Jim Cone

Jim,
Also, good point!