Cannot Detect Network at Certain Startups . . Need to reboot frequently to get an Internet connectio

B

Brian Oakes [MSFT]

I'm not sure if this will work, but I have seen it work sometimes. First make sure the nic drivers are current. Many nic drivers are know to cause this behavior in W2K. Or you can try the following...

239924 How to Disable Media Sense for TCP/IP in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239924

Just disable MediaSense and see if the behavior changes.

--

Best regards,
Brian Oakes, MCSE
Microsoft Product Support
Windows 2000 Server Networking Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit.

Anyone,

At times when I boot, Windows 2000 does not detect the network. The only way to fix this is to reboot, sometimes twice. The Network Adapters is fine and everything else looks good. I have this problem both logging on at work and into my broadband connection at home. Works fine when I log using XP without a problem EVERY TIME( I am dual booting and this has been happening even before I was dual booting and to others at work). Any know problems out there that anyone may know of? Seems simple but I am baffled.

Thanks in advance!

Cabanaworld

(e-mail address removed)

F

Fernando L. Sanchez

Anyone,

At times when I boot, Windows 2000 does not detect the network. The only way to fix this is to reboot, sometimes twice. The Network Adapters is fine and everything else looks good. I have this problem both logging on at work and into my broadband connection at home. Works fine when I log using XP without a problem EVERY TIME( I am dual booting and this has been happening even before I was dual booting and to others at work). Any know problems out there that anyone may know of? Seems simple but I am baffled.

Thanks in advance!

Cabanaworld

(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question